President, NYC Science Communication
Volunteer (Unpaid) position
NYC Science Communication (NYC SciComm) is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, efficient, and innovative individual for the position of President. This leadership role will provide you with networking, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Expected time commitment: ~2 hours per week for at least 1 year
- Plan and organize events, such as career panels, workshops, networking events, and social activities
- Recruit volunteers for roles on executive board, institute representatives (IRs), blog writers, and program planning chairs in consultation with the Board
- Lead the whole Board including Board of Directors, Editorial Board, IRs, and all volunteers
- Initiate and facilitate collaborations and partnerships with various institutes and organizations
- Guide, supervise, and acknowledge the contributions of event organizers
- Assist and ensure, with smooth leadership transitions, to help recruit the next president
- Strategize, plan, and delegate tasks appropriately
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and science communication skills
- Leadership training and volunteering experience
- Strong passion for science communication with an established portfolio
How to apply?
If you are interested, please send your resume and a personal statement (1~2 pages for each document in word format) including the following to NYCSciComm@gmail.com:
- Your passion for volunteering with commitment for 1-2 years
- Highlights of your science communication and leadership skills
- How you would drive the NYCSciComm mission forward
What can you gain from this volunteering experience?
- Help build a strong science communication community in NYC
- Create opportunities for others and yourself to sharpen communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrate your passion for communication and strong responsibility
- Build your online presence and professional identity
- Expand your professional networks and build connections for more groups
- Differentiate your resume in job searches
For more information, submit your application and we will be happy to tell you much more!
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you!
Board of Directors
NYC Science Communication